Borough and Area Governance Review - ALL WELCOME. Meeting in Small Hall at Kensington Small Hall, 28 November, 7pm
Please find below an update to resident associations and community groups on the series of meetings we are holding as part of the Borough and Area Governance Review. You can find more general information here: https://www.rbkc.gov.uk/council-and-democracy/how-council-works/governance-review
We are using a range of channels (and messages) to let people know about the Governance Review, but it would be excellent if you could let people know in your local area as part of your regular ward work.
The Governance team are happy to answer any questions you might have on the Review, please contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org
We know we need to listen more and do a better job of including local people in our decision-making. To help make this happen, we are looking at how our decisions are made and how we involve people in the decisions that affect them. A panel of Conservative and Labour councillors is holding public meetings where they will hear from nationally recognised specialists and discuss with local people how we can do a better job.
The next meeting is Wednesday 28 November at 6.30pm at Kensington Town Hall. In preparation for that meeting, the panel is keen to hear the views of local people on the following questions:
· Thinking about decisions that the Council makes on council services, what decisions would you particularly want to be involved in?
· In the past, did you want to be involved in particular Council decisions and didn’t get the chance? What were these?
· Are there any examples of when the Council has involved local people in decision-making that you thought worked well?
· In general, what more could we do to involve you in our decision-making?
· If you did want to be more involved in local decisions, what stops you?
You can learn more about the review of borough and area governance here – papers for the meeting on the 28th will appear there at least 5 working days before the meeting.
Director of Governance Coordination